Rules and Etiquette
Our school is an environment that is safe and welcoming for every student and to keep it this way we ask that you conduct yourself in a well-mannered fashion and follow some simple rules:
- Bring your clean uniform to class, if you don’t have one appropriate exercise clothes are sufficient (see question below for more information).
- Always salute the flag and higher belt to get in/out of the mat.
- Don’t come in to the studio with your shoes on, we shoe racks where you can store them.
- Keep your belongings in the unit shelves and/or in the changing room. Don’t leave any clothing or personal items on the washroom or reception area.
- Feel free to use the kitchen, but don’t forget to wash your dishes.
- Make sure your phone is on silent.
- Avoid watching classes you are not participating in. This is very distracting to our students.
- Don’t overlook the deodorant! We will be thankful.
- Try to be at least 10 minutes early for class.
- Be nice! We want to maintain a friendly, respectful and polite environment for all.
Wear comfortable clothing that you’ll be able to easily move around in. You won’t need any fancy footwear — bare feet or anti-slip socks work just fine.
New Member and Trial Students
We provide all the equipment you’ll need at the studio. But if you have your own equipment, reach out to us to see if it’s suited for the class and if so, of course you can bring it.
When you sign up for a free trial, you’ll have access to an unlimited number of classes for 7 days. Try as many classes as you want during the trial period and find the right fit for you. There is no payment information required for a free trial.
Of course, you can! Our classes can be adapted to suit any student limitation, whether it’s age, fitness, or physical condition. Our team of trained instructors are able to customize and adapt exercises to ensure a great experience regardless of a limitation. If you’re unsure, reach out to us at 519-204-8332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can give you more detailed information.
Yes, all students must sign a waiver to participate in our classes. If the student is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver instead.
Pa Kua is an ancient Chinese knowledge that has served humanity from ancient times up to the present days, helping us understand the changes around us and adapting to them. In the Pa Kua School, we approach this ancient and exciting knowledge through the practice of one or more of our classes
Our studio is located downtown London. The address is 242 Dundas Street, Unit 1B (lower level). Street parking is available and we’re easily accessible along many major bus routes.
Membership and Payments
Your registration fee includes an administrative fee and a Pa Kua welcome kit. The welcome kit comes with a t-shirt, student manual, bookmark, free week gift voucher for a friend, and a white belt (but we’re sure you’ll move up to black belt in no time). The registration fee is a one-time fee, meaning you won’t have to pay it again when you renew your membership or if you take a break and get back into it at a later date.